Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tornados, Etc

Yesterday there was a tornado warning for downtown Chicago (I think).  After work I took the red line over to US Cellular to meet Sarah and Cassie for the White Sox game.  Only when I got there did I realize 1) Sarah was still at work, 2) the sky was a color I'd never seen before 3) maybe this was a bad idea.

So I wound up back on the red line and in the basement of Macy's at some sports bar where we could kill two birds with one stone: be underground should a tornado actually hit and keep an eye on the weather and game status via the news.  Well other than getting soaked from the massive sheets of rain coming from every direction, we experienced no other extreme weather.  The game started (2hrs late) and when we were on our way back to the ballpark, some random woman on the subway told Sarah she was would have hit her in the face if she weren't so friendly looking.  Sarah had accidentally bumped her with her purse and then apologized.  I assumed this woman was drunk or high or something because she then immediately tried to be our BFF.  She even gave us her card and told her she would upgrade our manicures since we were broke college students.


Once back at the Cell, it was still raining so we went to the Stadium Club where I asked the security guard the best way to meet Mark Buerhle.  He then reminded me that Mark Buerhle is married and Cassie then said, "I feel like he's married to someone who could probably kick your ass."  Probably true seeing as I bet she has to deal with tons of groupies.

In any case, we actually got to see a game, though we did leave at 11pm at the top of the 8th inning as it was a school night and all. 


So there you have it - not even a tornado is enough to deter the White Sox from canceling a game.  Keep that in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment