Tuesday, June 22, 2010

In which I fail (again)

I was working on a different post for today that I might postpone a couple days so I can put more thought into it - but now I'm left without a topic (again). 

So, true to form, I decided to pull something out of my ass.  Then, still coming up short (I was going to go on a rant about cryptic Facebook status updates but will save that for another day), I googled "blog topics" and the auto-fill came up with "blog topic generator" so here are some of the ideas it gave me:

-Reasons to not move in with someone:  Well, I'm no expert on this one.  I assume the topic is moving in with your significant other, not a friend who would be your roommate.  I can't argue for OR against this one.  I think every couple is different, with a different comfort level.  My personal thought is you should live with someone before you marry them because what if you can't stand living with them but you're now stuck?  But again, I am not a relationship expert.  In fact, I'd argue I know the least amount  out of everyone on the planet about them.  So basically do the opposite of what I tell you. 

-Old Nickelodeon T.V. shows - Um...score!  I once did an unofficial poll on my Fbook: Hey Dude vs. Salute Your Shorts.  Salute won hands down, even though I always did prefer Hey Dude.  I'm not sure why, I think it was the dude who played Ted.  The actor who played him was David Lascher, and he's stared in such gems as three episodes of the original 90210 (probably someone with brain damage who dated Donna because yes, that's what it takes), 48 (!!) episodes of Blossom, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.  Score one for David.  Anyway - I liked Hey Dude better because it had less of a New England summer camp feel, since I grew up in NE and the whole point of TV is to escape the real world, am I right? 

-Procrastination Methods - Okay, I am the expert here.  Instead of thinking of a blog topic earlier, I watched season two of Sex & the City.  I mean, there are endless ways to procrastinate.  When I was in school and didn't want to do homework, I would do asinine things like try to organize pictures, read my old notes from 7th/8th grade (LD + __ forever, do NOT fill in the blanks, he said hi to me in the hall and I totally think he'll ask me to the dance), play Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego until I had it memorized, or call boys and hang up.  What?  You did it too!  Ahh the HOURS we wasted on the phone in middle school/high school with our friends, dissecting someone's smile or head tilt, propagating endless rumors and trying to predict the future.   Life was so simple back then.

I can't believe I just wrote that.  I MUST be old!

No comments:

Post a Comment