Monday, June 7, 2010

Error, Error!

Blogger was not accessible last night so I was unable to post, therefore my streak of daily posting was broken less than two weeks into this project (fail). 

Speaking of fails...

This morning, I had to drop off some dry cleaning and the place I normally use is across the street from the Armitage L stop.  I figured I could take the brown line to Quincy and just walk to work, as Quincy is where you'd get off to go to Union Station and I work about half a mile west of Union Station.  Normally I just take the bus but I was thinking, "hey, it's nice out, I could use the walk, I'll switch up my routine."  This turned out to be a mistake for the following reasons:

1) I got on the first train that came, which was a purple line express and not a brown line.  I didn't realize my error until we left Merchandise Mart and I realized the purple line was going in the opposite direction around the loop (counter clock-wise, if you will) than the brown line does, therefore increasing my time on the train by at least 15 minutes.

2) When I got off at Quincy, I didn't see the McDonald's I usually look for to indicate I should turn left and head straight towards Union Station.  So instead I walked to the first street I saw, Jackson, and thought, "HEY, I WORK on Jackson, I will just walk west until I get to my office."

3) I then started walking east.

4) And had to ask someone where Union Station was.

5) Then got back to the Quincy stop and found the aforementioned McDonald's.

6) This would be less embarrassing if I hadn't lived here for three years.

I guess this is where the saying "stick with what you know," comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment