Saturday, June 5, 2010

Conn-victed

So, for some reason, every bridal party in existence descended on Howl at the Moon tonight and one girl even had t-shirts made: something about flirting with danger and now she's being Conn-victed, which is a clever use of her husband's last name (assuming it is in fact Conn).  Now unfortunately, with bridal parties also comes the barrage of cliche songs:

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun: Well, yes, of course they do, and I'm sure standing on the stage at a piano bar belting this out is fun for you, not so fun for me.

I will Survive: Dear, you're getting married, not breaking up, so singing about how you at one point survived a break up and are now getting married is just rubbing it in.

Crazy in Love:  You'd have to be to wear a penis-themed tiara.

Like A Virgin:  This one is my favorite.   You're getting married.  The jig is up.

Howl at the Moon, for those of you who have never been, is a dueling piano bar and one of the few places I will actually pay the cover for.  I have a problem with cover, like why would I pay JUST to walk in the door?  Now, in places such as Chicago, New York or Miami (to name a few), it is expected that some places will charge cover.  I can accept this because they are cool cities with lots to offer, entertaining venues and a guaranteed good time.  Where I cannot accept this is in my hometown.  I'm sorry, you're Concord fucking New Hampshire.  Why are you charging cover so people can go dance in your basement?  Seriously, get your act together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment