Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Reality TV at it's "finest"

I have a profound hatred for MOST reality TV shows.  I say most because I inexplicably will watch Keeping up With the Kardashians (side note: I recently read in US Weekly that the mom, Kris Jenner, used to be friends with Nicole Simpson, but then her ex-husband defended OJ Simpson.  Seem weird to anyone else?) but other than that, really cannot STAND those shows.


For example, the Bachelor/Bachelorette has been tanking for the longest time, Jersey Shore is like the Hills but MTV went into a gutter to cast it, and don't even get me started on the Real Housewives of Anywhere.  It just takes fame whores of the worst kind (selfish, awful people) and makes them rich for literally doing nothing (I mean, Snooki can get $10K+ for an appearance fee.  We're giving a five figure salary to someone who thought the Bump-It was a GOOD idea?) except exploiting their privacy and the privacy of others - I mean, even I will admit the Kardashians are famous for no reason and I'm not sure how I got on that bandwagon.  But I digress.


So now, Dancing With the Stars, 11th edition, has cast the most wretched bottom dwellers they could have possibly come up with.  Let's examine, shall we?


Bristol Palin - Famous for no other reason that getting knocked up while her mom was running for VP.  No pregnancy = no dancing with anyone.


The Situation - Rescued from a life of certain mediocrity when MTV put him on the worst show in the history of ever.


David Hasselhoff - Drunk.  All the time.


Florence Henderson - I mean, I guess at least she was on an actual TV show (okay, DH was too, but he's such a jerk now I won't acknowledge).


Kyle Massey - Apparently used to be on That's So Raven...need I say more?


Kurt Warner - Okay fine.


Margaret Cho - Haven't heard of her relevance since 2002.  Since DWTS calls on desperation, she's perfect.


Audrina Partridge - Will probably spend most of her time dodging advances from the Siutation.


Rick Fox - Not doing much else.


Brandy - Loved her in 1996 when she peaked.


Jennifer Grey - Hasn't been busy since 1988 - should win because if she doesn't there will be too many insufferable "nobody puts Baby in a corner" jokes otherwise.


Michael Bolton - No Talent Ass Clown


So we basically have a bunch of drunks in a professional dance-off.  I might just wind up watching this train wreck of a season.

No comments:

Post a Comment