Monday, August 2, 2010

Attack of the D-List

Yesterday was Chicago's Rock & Roll Half Marathon and I spectated for a bit so that I could see Katie finish.  

I started at mile six where a friend of mine was volunteering at a water station, then met up with Megan & Mike so we could go to the finish line to make sure we'd see Katie.

Well, they should have renamed the marathon DList Central as there were reality TV stars running it, which the Emcee's could not stop talking about.  First, we had Guiliana Rancic cross the finish line, then a Real Housewife (though I don't watch any of them so I couldn't tell you which one), then Jake the most recent Bachelor, followed by Jason & Molly Mesnick.

Jake is actually the second cousin of my friend Michelle, which I informed him of when I ran up to him while he was sitting at the back of a golf cart at a red light (who knows where they were taking him).  I just couldn't resist.  First I asked for a pic thinking either Megan or Katie was behind me w/a camera - but they weren't - so some random lady tried to take one with her camera but her battery was dead.  At this point I gave up, shook his hand and told him I knew his cousin Michelle.  I was met with a blank stare and a "WHO?" so then I told him her last name and the lightbulb went off just as the light turned green so our entire interaction was kind of odd.  But whatever.  

I can add him to the list of famous people I've met.

That list includes:

-Ian Ziering
-Andy Roddick
-Jerry Springer
-Rue McClanahan 
-wow this list is not impressive
-though I did see Chris Noth and he was only about 10ft from me, he was filming Law & Order
-but he did look right at us
-and we had to play it cool
-Debra Messing came into the Baby Gap I worked at in San Diego...but not while I was working
-this is pathetic so I'm stopping now.

No comments:

Post a Comment