Monday, July 12, 2010

Anywhere You Go...

This past weekend was great - we celebrated Courtney's birthday at Southern.  We had a cabana on the rooftop deck, which was very nice in spite of the torrential downpour going on outside.  Southern also has amazing food.  I had the mac & cheese (they use Gouda!!  I couldn't help myself), which was delicious but probably broke my "in order to be less of a fat ass I should stop eating 7lbs of pasta per day" rule.  Also, at some point we ordered a vat of Kentucky Lemonade, which honestly tasted like straight whiskey.  But that's fine.  It was a great evening overall.

On Sunday evening, we ventured over to the Burger Fest in Roscoe Village to see the Gin Blossoms.  Can we discuss this briefly?  In the 90s they were this really hot band and had a song on a movie soundtrack that everyone was obsessed with and now they're playing at Roscoe Village Burger Fest?  Oh how the mighty have fallen.  They opened with "Follow You Down," which is my personal favorite and only got to play 5-6 tunes because it was lightening outside and the stage was unsafe.  Sad.

After everyone trickled home, John and I wound up playing darts at Mulligans for a while.  I actually almost beat him too - we had to institute some sort of tie breaker - which means that yes, I actually hit all the numbers AND the bulls-eye, though I am sure that was the blind luck of me chucking the darts at the board and hoping they stuck rather than actual skill.  But that's fine.  Who knew I could play darts?  Certainly not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment