Friday, May 28, 2010

Weird Dreams

I had the weirdest dream last night.  I went to a White Sox game by myself, but it was at Wrigley Field.  Then the guy sitting next to me was chatting with Mark Buehrle when I got to my seat.  After Buehrle left, said dude and I struck up a conversation and he wound up singing a love song to me over the PA, though I can't remember which one now.

This of course made me flashback to my first trip to Nashville in April 2008 when a random dude at a karaoke bar sang "I'll Be" to me and I was completely frozen.  He'd been sitting at a table alone (which, okay, who goes to a bar by themselves at 1am??  I mean, I have friends who go to bars by themselves to watch sporting events, and by friends of course I mean ME, because no one will watch Villanova games with me anymore because I get too worked up over them and the incompetent Big East reffing, which is why I hope to someday meet my Twitter friend @brianisawesome as he is probably the only person who would tolerate my massive mood swings during a two-hour college basketball game...but I digress).

So where was I?  Oh, yes, random dude who started talking to us at the bar, friend requested me on My Space FROM his Blackberry and made Sarah proof read his message to me, all while I was within five feet.  I am not sure how, but he somehow managed to make sure "I'll Be" was the last song of the night.  So I'm sitting there with my hands covering my face, Sarah & Katie laughing, and the group of guys we met (bachelor party) singing along because, well actually the dude had a pretty good voice.

Today I went to my first Cubs/Cards game.  My mom's college roommate had four tix so the three of us went plus her daughter who is two years younger than me but is awesome and lives here (yay new friends!!).  The Cubs are kind of pathetic this year but we had great seats and a good time.

After the game (and I witnessed my first on-field streaker & arrest), my mom and I met up with Sarah, Dana, Harry & friends for a couple beers in Wrigleyville.

This weekend is going to be super busy with family activities, brunch on Monday with Court and her mom and then my mom's first architectural boat cruise.

Summer in Chicago is here, and I couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment