Thursday, May 27, 2010

The day after...

I always hate the day after my birthday, usually because it's just another ordinary day when the day before had been so special.

Last night was great.  I am so honored to have the friends I do.  A lot of people came out to celebrate with me, despite it being a Wednesday.   I'm constantly reminded of the great group of friends I have here in Chicago and it never gets old.

Today I was thinking about meltdowns.  Not that I had one at the bar, in the cab, the Mexican place, another cab, the bar again, the hallway leading to the bathroom and the actual bathroom.  However, if I DID have one, it would have made me think about them and what usually triggers one.  Although, taking a number of shots equivalent to your body weight never helps.

I think the problem is that every year on my birthday, I think about what I've done the past year, which leads me to realize I'm not where I want to be in every aspect of my life (then again, who is??) and that fuels emotions I can normally keep to myself.  I know we've all been there but I'd like to avoid this in the future. 

Am I a little freaked out about being 29?  Possibly, but I don't think the night would have gone south if not for the shots I did, some of which were unidentifiable.

So, lesson learned.  Multiple shots = bad, amazing friends who love you anyway = good.

Also, this never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment