Thursday, December 30, 2010

Is this thing on?

So yeah, about the time I wanted to blog every day for a year and gave up two weeks in...

I don't know what happened to 2010.  New Years is actually my least favorite holiday because I always reflect on how I didn't do everything I said I would in the prior year - you know, the unrealistic stuff like: finally get back to my HS weight (freshman year, not senior), run a half marathon, finally save some $, figure out my 401K, etc etc. 

All of this is actually vital for 2011 since I'm turning the big 3-0 and don't really have any excuses for not getting my act together.

Not that I'm a degenerate.  I mean, I have an awesome new job, pay my bills, do semi-productive things occassionally, etc, but I find the whole "saving for retirement" thing a bit daunting and have three different 401Ks floating around, two of which I have no idea what companies they are even through.

My fall has been a boring one.  I've been so focused on the new job, I have no exciting stories of note, which is okay I suppose. 

I'm literally sitting in my living room, staring at my calendar, trying to figure out what happened to this year.  It's just so weird that I've almost been in Chicago for four years, and have had plenty of highs and lows here but definitely still love it as much as ever.  And I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment